Welcome to the AUSubaru Technical Manual !
This is a collaborative work that any member of the AUSubaru.com website can improve ( see below ).
This is the second / third ? iteration of the site & all initial data was retrieved with assistance from TOONGA with use of the web archive.
This Technical Manual & resource of Subaru Knowledge has been collaboratively written by the members of AUSubaru.com over many years and covers most of the earlier model Subaru's powered by the EA series engines and then onto some more recent models.
So the more you contribute the more comprehensive it will get.
Cheers from the editors … :)
"I want to contribute" - This site is only editable by members and moderators.
If you do have information that you find needs an update, editing, improvements or if you have entirely new information that you would like to have listed, then please do the following:
Join / signup to Wikidot - For ease of use, Please use the same username as yours on the AUSubaru.com forum.
Once you have successfully joined Wiki, sign in to this page.
Become a "Watcher" for the wiki - scroll down & look for a box in the lower right of screen labelled 'Watch: site' - Click on this to add your name.
Once your name has been added & shows up on the "watchers" list, Please then PM (60766244 on AUSubaru.com) to inform us that you want to join the wiki or post in this thread :"New: AUSubaru Tech. Manual" so we know who to "Invite" to the specific wiki.
Once you've accepted your invitation to ausubaru.wikidot.com then you should be able to Edit / Add articles to your hearts content and help improve the wiki as we go along !
Once you do have permission as a member to edit the site please use the guides bellow to assist as well as the following :
- Follow the conventions in grammar/text of the rest of the wiki.
- Don't leave "Personal Notes" in and around pages with your name and intentions.
- Leave a simple "Credits to this page: with your name here," at the bottom of the page. This will avoid cluttering the wiki with forgotten notes and personal annotations.
- If editing starts to look like spam, or is disorganised and difficult to fix - e.g. "ryly pourly sphelt wwrting" then it will be tidied up ( read: removed )
- Specify where the information is located, or suggest a page name and location depending if the info is new or old.
- Spell-check your entry.
- Do not WRITE IN CAPITALS - It's hard to read and won't get in the wiki at all. Formatting will be done on the wiki itself, see below.
- If you would like something in bold or italics then then indicate this with: "**" or "//" respectively on both sides of the text you would like modified.
- If you want to dot-point list something, place a "*" in-front of each line in the list. Similarly, if you want a numbered list, place a "#" before each line.
- Linking can be done by "[*yourwebsiteyouwantlinked textforthelink]".
- Quote sources or credit where it is due.
- Contact us with your entry ( see above ) or go signup to AUSubaru.com - & info will be posted up as soon as possible.
- You will be credited at the bottom of the relevant page, and link added to home page once your entries are listed on this site.
Wiki Contributors: TOONGA, Web archive, 60766244, Bantum + many others